Thank you for your interest in contributing to MBAGuide.org. Have you earned your business degree and want to share your experience and knowledge with others? If you’d like to write for us, we’d like to hear from you. Please read our guidelines for what we are looking for, what to deliver when we start working together and how to contact us.
Guest Post / Writer Guidelines
If you have arrived at this page, you are probably looking for a place to help others with your knowledge about business and MBAs. We’d like to help you share that knowledge and gain a name for yourself as a published author.
What Are We Looking For
- Articles of 1,000 – 1500+ words
- Topics related to business school, MBA degrees, careers, jobs, and related subjects
- How to succeed in business with tips, case studies
- Original content that hasn’t been published anywhere else
- We are open to republishing infographics if they fits thematically into above-stated areas
- We have plenty of topics we’d like written, so if you don’t have any ideas, we can let you know what we need
Article Structure & Language Style
- Articles need to be properly formatted (summary bullets, introduction, topic elaboration, conclusion)
- Facts and stats you are stating have to be backed up with a link to the proper source that supports your statement
- Conversational tone (check our previous blogs to see the language style we prefer)
- Use subtitles, short paragraphs, and bullet points to make the article easy to read
- We encourage the use of data and graphics whenever they are applicable
Images and Videos
- We ask you to send as at least one image we can use as a featured image (make it formatted for the web before sending it over please.
- Make sure we don’t have any copyright issues with the pictures you provide
- Use of these visual aids is highly welcomed
What We Don’t Accept
- Promotional content – if you want to plug your business or service then we aren’t the right fit
- Articles with grammar and spelling mistakes (we advise using tools like Grammarly) – taking this point lightly is also a great way to get your article declined
- Pre-written articles
Content Ownership & Republishing
- By sending us the article, you’re giving us full ownership of the content
- You can republish the content on another website after 3 months with a link to us where the content was originally published
- Posts my be slightly edited from our side to adjust the tone and style
- We will share the posts across all of our social network channels – FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- We encourage you to share the post on your social channels too
- We a allow a single link in the text to your web site if it makes sense and brings an added value to the article.
- You can also have a link in the bio that points towards your homepage and social media pages
- Unnatural and over-optimized anchors and links to pages that don’t feature useful and informative content will be removed and may even result in your article being rejected.
After we agree to working together and it is time to send up your completed article, here is a check list of the deliverables we are looking for:
- An original article on the topic we agreed upon
- Meta Title, Description and Keywords
- Focus keyword phrase for article
- Keyword Phrase in Title, 1st paragraph and in one H2 minimum
- Include 2+ links to the source materials you used
- Author’s bio (up to 150 words)
- A head shot of you formatted about 250×250 pixels
- Your social media links, if you want them published along with your bio
How to Contact Us
- Send us your pitches to using the contact form on our contact us page.
- Include the title: “AWESOME CONTRIBUTION FOR MBAGuide.org“ so that we can at least hope you’ve read these guidelines.
- Send us topic suggestions followed by a short description/outline so we know what you want to write about (you can send us only one topic if you are sure it is a good fit and you like to live dangerously)
- Provide a few samples of your previous work (links to published articles, .doc files or Google doc links).
- If your pitch is accepted, send us your finished drafts in .doc or .docx format to the email address we provide and your article will be published within two business daysl
If you spend as much time on your guest post as we did on writing these guidelines, you should be good to go.
Do yourself (and us) a favor and take a look at the long articles posted from our home page or any of our guides to see what we’re aiming for
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to working with you.
The MBAGuide Team