Research the best MBA programs in Utah by concentrations offered, how the MBA programs are offered (full-time, part-time, online, weekend and evenings), rankings by publication, cost of tuition, number of alumni, GMAT requirements and more.
To meet the diverse needs of Utah businesses, MBA programs here have risen to the challenge by offering you an array of more than 32 MBA concentrations to specialize in.
Options for earning your MBA in Utah have never been more flexible. Utah MBA programs have become adept at offering effective alternatives for you to earn your MBA, no matter your life situation or schedule. You will find 9 different paths to earn your MBA in Utah including Online, Campus, Full-Time, 1-Year, Distance Education, Evenings and Weekends, Off Campus, Part-Time and Partnership.
Utah has 8 Accredited MBA programs. There are 2 private and 4 public schools offering MBA programs.
Online Business Programs Liked by Utah MBA Graduates
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.
Research additional school detail on the school summary pages, in the tables and charts below and throughout the site.
MBA Program Comparisons: Utah vs Online vs U.S.
|Compare MBA Programs Averages||Utah MBA Programs||Online MBA Programs||MBA Programs in the US|
|Average MBA Tuition||$22,770||$28,263||$32,500|
|Average GMAT Scores||536||530||543|
|Average Full-Time MBA Faculty||77||65||63|
|Average MBA Student Faculty Ratio||213:50||249:100||129:50|
|Average # of MBA Faculty with Doctorate||80.70%||83.44%||83.98%|
|Average Full-Time MBA Enrollment||359||145||184|
|Average Part-Time MBA Enrollment||320||360||300|
|Average % of MBA Students from U.S.||86%||76%||75%|
Rankings for MBA Programs in Utah
The ranking of MBA programs is certainly not an exact science and plenty of subjective reasoning and biases come into play. We offer insights into ranking as another way to evaluate a potential MBA program.
Of the 8 accredited MBA programs offered in Utah, 6 of them have been recognized by at least one distinguished publication (MBAGuide, PQ, US News, Forbes, BW and FT) garnering an award as one of the best MBA programs in the country.
Utah schools have earned a total of 14 Best MBA awards from publications. Here are the top MBA schools and the number of awards the each program has garnered:
Publications and the number of awards granted for Utah schools:
Salaries for MBA Graduates in Utah
While the average starting salary for graduates of an in-person MBA program in Utah is about $80,913, the lowest average MBA starting salary is $63,500 from Utah Valley University, and the highest average MBA starting salary is $115,000 from Western Governors University.
The average starting salary for graduates of an Online MBA program from an institution in Utah is between $63,875 from Southern Utah University and $115,000 from Western Governors University. The average starting MBA salary for graduates of online MBA programs within Utah is $85,858.
- Average: $74,095 from Utah's 6 In-Person MBA Programs
- Lowest In-Person: $63,500 from Utah Valley University
- Highest In-Person:$115,000 from Western Governors University
- Average: $85,858 from Utah's 3 Online MBA Programs
- Lowest Online: $63,875 from Southern Utah University
- Highest Online: $115,000 from Western Governors University
10 Highest Salaries for MBA Graduates in Utah
Tuition for MBA Programs in Utah
If you plan on attending an MBA program, it's best to start thinking about fiscal responsibility. A prospective B-Student needs to weigh their tuition options. An AACSB-accredited MBA program can pave the way for a great starting salary or career advancement. An online MBA program can provide the flexibility of completing a program while being employed in your respective career.
While the average in-person MBA program in Utah will cost about $22,770, the least expensive MBA program is $13,450 from Brigham Young University, and the most expensive is $31,386 from Utah State University.
An Online MBA program from an institution in Utah will cost you between $21,586 from Southern Utah University and $31,386 from Utah State University. The average cost of online MBA programs within Utah is $26,486.
- Average: $22,770 from Utah's 6 in-person MBA Programs
- Lowest in-person: $13,450 from Brigham Young University
- Highest in-person: $31,386 from Utah State University
- Average: $26,486 from Utah's 3 online MBA Programs
- Lowest online: $21,586 from Southern Utah University
- Highest online: $31,386 from Utah State University
10 Most Expensive MBAs in Utah
GMAT Scores Needed for MBA Programs in Utah
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized examination used by MBA schools to assess their applicant pool. The test is strategically designed to measure an applicant’s analytical, verbal, writing and mathematical skills. The GMAT is used as a predictor of success in MBA programs and tests one’s ability to successfully handle the advanced quantitative and qualitative study of business and management.
While the average GMAT score needed for in-person MBA program in Utah is 536, the lowest average GMAT score is for an MBA program is 400 from Western Governors University, and the highest GMAT score needed is 675 from University of Utah.
The average GMAT score needed for an online MBA program from an institution in Utah is between 400 from Western Governors University to 531 from Utah State University. The average GMAT scored for online MBA programs within Utah is 457.
- Average: 564 from Utah's 6 in-person MBA Programs
- Lowest in-person: 400 from Western Governors University
- Highest in-person: 675 from University of Utah
- Average: 457 from Utah's 3 online MBA Programs
- Lowest online: 400 from Western Governors University
- Highest online: 531 from Utah State University
10 Highest GMAT Scores in California
Student Enrollment for Utah MBA Programs
The importance of networking, whether it's by way of campus job fairs, student organization members, or faculty mentorship, should not be understated. The average MBA enrollment size has a direct impact on your studies, your job prospects, and your ability to define your career goals.
Every B-School has a strategy behind their enrollment sizes. If a prospective B-Student is looking for networking opportunities, wants to attend job fairs, and plans on joining student organizations, B-School enrollment size plays an important role in the decision making process. For the B-Student interested in the smaller cohort-style classroom experience and thrive with face-to-face collaboration with their professors, a manageable enrollment size is the preferred option.
For Utah state's MBA programs, the range for full-time enrollment is between 58 and 867. For part-time enrollment, the range is between 246 and 426.
- Lowest: 58 from Southern Utah University
- Highest: 867 from Brigham Young University
- Average: 359 from Utah's 8 MBA Programs.
- Average: 186 from 876 the nation's campus MBA Programs.
- Lowest: 58 from Southern Utah University
- Highest: 407 from Utah State University
- Average: 233 from Utah's 3 MBA Programs.
- Average: 145 from 324 nation's online MBA Programs.
10 Schools with the Highest Student Enrollment in Utah
Percent of Global MBA Student Population
The MBA programs in the United States are coveted around the world and attract a healthy percentage of global students each year. A culturally diverse student population is especially important in an ever-changing global economy. With increasing globalization, a well diversified student body from outside the United States can provide much needed global world-view as well as valuable networking opportunities.
In Utah the percentage of students from the United States varies from a low of 82% to a high of 90%.
For online programs in Utah the percentage of students from the United States varies from a low of N/A to a high of N/A.
- Lowest: 82% from Brigham Young University
- Highest: 90% from University of Utah
- Average: 86% from Utah's 6 in-person MBA Programs.
- Average: 75% from 590 nation's in-person MBA Programs.
- Lowest: N/A from N/A
- Highest: N/A from N/A
- Average: N/A from Utah's 3 online MBA Programs.
- Average: 76% from 324 nation's online MBA Programs.
MBA Concentrations Available from MBA Programs in Utah
Highly competitive B-Schools recruit part-time and full-time professors that are both academic and industry influencers. They are the subject matter experts in their respective concentrations. To meet the diverse needs of Utah businesses, MBA programs here have risen to the challenge by offering you an array of more than 32 MBA concentrations including:
- Marketing: 7
- Management: 7
- Accounting: 6
- Finance: 6
- General Business: 6
- Information Systems: 5
- International Business: 5
- Entrepreneurship: 5
- Economics: 5
- Quantitative Methods: 4
Here are the top schools offering the widest variety of concentrations to choose from:
- University of Utah: 27
- Brigham Young University: 21
- Southern Utah University: 14
- Weber State University: 11
- Utah State University: 11
- Utah Valley University: 8
- Westminster College: 3
- Western Governors University: 1
Student / Faculty Ratio for MBA Programs in Utah
Quality MBA programs invest in the number of professors relative to the students attending the program. Commonly known as the Student Faculty ratio. Generally, the lower the ratio, the better it is for students. MBA students will get the personalized one-on-one attention from faculty mentors that have extensive experience in the industry. The Student/Faculty metric is a matter of personal preference and for those students who excel in lecture hall environments, you may not need the low student/faculty ratio.
In Utah the student faculty ratio for MBA programs ranges from the lowest (best) of 27:50 the highest (less desirable) of 447:50. For online MBA programs thee student faculty ratio for MBA programs ranges from the lowest (best) of 219:50 the highest (less desirable) of 172:25.
- Lowest: 27:50 from Utah Valley University
- Highest: 447:50 from University of Utah
- Average: 213:50 from Utah's 6 MBA Programs.
- Average: 129:50 from 590 the nation's campus MBA Programs.
- Lowest: 219:50 from Utah State University
- Highest: 172:25 from Southern Utah University
- Average: 563:100 from Utah's 3 MBA Programs.
- Average: 249:100 from 324 nation's online MBA Programs.
10 Programs with the Highest Student Faculty Ratio
- West Texas A&M University - 20
- University of Dallas - 19
- New York Institute of Technology - 14
- Cornell University - 14
- University of Colorado Denver - 13
- Duke University - 13
- University of Central Missouri - 12
- University of Illinois at Springfield - 11
- The University of Texas at Dallas - 11
- Mercer University-Macon and Atlanta Campuses - 11
10 Programs with the Lowest Student Faculty Ratio
- Indiana University Southeast - 0
- Berry College - 0
- Marist College - 0
- Winston-Salem State University - 0
- The University of Texas at Arlington - 0
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln - 0
- Longwood University - 0
- University of New Haven - 0
- California State University, Fullerton - 0
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse - 0
Highly competitive MBA schools recruit part-time and full-time professors that are both academics and industry influencers. They are the subject matter experts in their respective field. Most business professors have experienced success in the corporate world and have written extensively in their chosen field. The number of highly-qualified full-time faculty is directly related to the reputation of most elite MBA programs.
The number of full-time faculty for MBA programs in Utah ranges from a low of 27 professors to a high or 137.
- Lowest: 27 from Southern Utah University
- Highest: 137 from Brigham Young University
- Average: 77 from Utah's 8 MBA Programs
- Average: 65 from 324 Online MBA Programs
Percent of Faculty with a PhD
Another high-level perspective to consider when determining the quality of an MBA faculty is to note the number of faculty who have earned a PhD in their respective area of excellence. Note to writer - create a fuller amount of content for this section.
In Utah MBA programs range from 67.20% of the faculty having a PhD to a 91.80% of the MBA faculty having a PhD.
- Lowest: 67% from Utah Valley University
- Highest: 92% from Weber State University
- Average: 81% from Utah's 8 MBA Programs
- Average: 83% from 324 Online MBA Programs
The Importance of MBA Accreditation
The importance of accreditation can't be underestimated. For many, knowing your school is accredited by the AACSB and regionally accredited by the US Department of Education is enough assurance that you will receive a quality education, where credits are more likely to transfer, and you will be qualified for loans, grants, and scholarships.
AACSB accreditation is considered to be the gold standard in business school credentialing. Established to promote high-quality business education in the U.S., AACSB members developed a stringent accreditation process. Members are held accountable for following an established business education framework set forth by the AACSB. With that comes MBA degrees conferrals that are widely recognized by Fortune 500 companies. This results in lucrative job opportunities.
Cities in Utah with Accredited MBA Programs
Looking for a particular city in Utah with an accredited MBA program? Research and compare MBA programs from other cities in Utah. Find online programs, programs by concentration, by average GMAT score and more. The following is a list of cities in Utah with accredited MBA programs: Cedar City, Logan, Ogden, Orem, Provo and Salt Lake City.
Take the next step toward your business future with online learning.
Discover schools with the programs and courses you're interested in, and start learning today.