MBA Degree Programs in Alaska for 2024
Average Tuition and Fees
Average Starting Salary
Average GMAT Scores
Average Student Enrollment
Key Highlights in This Guide
- This guide provides comprehensive data about tuition fees, average starting salaries, GMAT scores, and enrollment statistics for MBA programs in Alaska.
- Detailed profiles of both online and on-campus MBA programs, their strengths, unique specializations, faculty expertise, and alumni networks are included to help align your study choice with your career ambitions.
- Insights into Alaska's diverse economic sectors, demonstrating how an MBA degree serves as a potent tool in these industries.
Alaska, known for its natural beauty and diverse wildlife, is also home to a bustling economy ripe with opportunities for MBA graduates. This northern state thrives on a variety of industries like oil and gas, and tourism, each offering a unique set of opportunities and challenges. These sectors create a dynamic context for MBA education, where students can acquire and apply business and management skills.
Key among Alaska's industries is the oil and gas sector, with big names like BP Alaska, ConocoPhillips Alaska, and ExxonMobil Alaska playing major roles. MBA graduates can apply their skills to improve operations, find new markets, and manage complicated supply chains in these companies. The state's strong tourism industry also provides ample opportunities. Managing resorts or creating sustainable tourism programs are just a couple of the many roles that MBA graduates can fulfill.
The seafood industry in Alaska, with famous companies like Trident Seafoods and Peter Pan Seafoods, also offers exciting opportunities for MBA graduates. With their skills, they can improve production, form marketing strategies, or create international export channels. Mining companies like Kinross Gold and Donlin Gold also offer a wealth of opportunities for MBA graduates, ranging from strategic planning to sustainability management.
The diverse industries in Alaska provide a vibrant platform for MBA students looking to make their mark. Whether it's oil and gas, tourism, seafood, or mining, an MBA degree provides the tools necessary for graduates to excel in Alaska's varied economic scene. It's not just about crunching numbers, but also about managing people, projects, and resources effectively, all key skills nurtured through an MBA program.
Top Industries in Alaska & How an MBA Could Work There
- Oil and Gas: MBA graduates can take on leadership roles, improve operations, and manage complex supply chains.
- Tourism: MBAs can find opportunities in managing resorts, creating sustainable tourism programs, or marketing.
- Seafood: MBAs can work in areas such as production, marketing, and developing export channels.
- Mining: MBA graduates can get involved in strategic planning, project management, and sustainability.
Top Employers in Alaska & How an MBA Could Work There
- BP Alaska: MBAs can work in various strategic, operational, and managerial roles.
- ConocoPhillips Alaska: MBAs can work in strategic planning, supply chain management, and project management.
- Trident Seafoods: MBA graduates can handle operations, marketing strategies, and international business.
- Kinross Gold: MBAs can work in strategic planning, sustainability management, and project management.
Compare MBA Program Averages Across
Alaska, the U.S. and Online
|Alaska MBA Programs
|Online MBA Programs
|MBA Programs in the US
|Average MBA Tuition
|Average GMAT Scores
|Average Full-Time MBA Faculty
|Average MBA Student Faculty Ratio
|Average # of MBA Faculty with Doctorate
|Average Full-Time MBA Enrollment
|Average Part-Time MBA Enrollment
|Average % of MBA Students from U.S.
Average Tuition for Online for MBA Programs is $33,638 and Ranges from $6,660 and $162,991
Find an Accredited Online MBA Program
Table of Best Ranked MBA Programs in Alaska
|Also Ranked By
|University of Alaska Anchorage
|College of Business and Public Policy
|University of Alaska Fairbanks
|School of Management
|Alaska Pacific University
|College of Business and Public Policy
Online Business Administration Programs
Discover information on start dates, credit transfer processes, initial salary expectations, financial aid opportunities, GMAT requirements, tuition fees, student-to-faculty ratios, and average post-graduation employment rates.
What is the Average Graduate MBA Salary in Alaska?
While the average starting salary for graduates of an in-person MBA program in Alaska is about $71,771, the lowest average MBA starting salary is $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks, and the highest average MBA starting salary is $82,500 from University of Alaska Anchorage.
The average starting salary for graduates of an Online MBA program from an institution in Alaska is between $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks and $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks. The average starting MBA salary for graduates of online MBA programs within Alaska is $61,042.
Average Graduate Salaries for In-Person MBA Programs
- Average: $71,771 from Alaska's 3 In-Person MBA Programs
- Lowest In-Person: $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest In-Person:$82,500 from University of Alaska Anchorage
Average Graduate Salaries for Online MBA Programs
- Average: $61,042 from Alaska's 1 Online MBA Programs
- Lowest Online: $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest Online: $61,042 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
10 Highest Salaries for MBA Graduates in Alaska
Find Online MBAs
What is the Average Tuition for MBA Programs in Alaska?
If you plan on attending an MBA program, it's best to start thinking about fiscal responsibility. A prospective B-Student needs to weigh their tuition options. An AACSB-accredited MBA program can pave the way for a great starting salary or career advancement. An online MBA program can provide the flexibility of completing a program while being employed in your respective career.
While the average in-person MBA program in Alaska will cost about $14,325, the least expensive MBA program is $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks, and the most expensive is $14,670 from University of Alaska Anchorage.
An Online MBA program from an institution in Alaska will cost you between $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks and $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks. The average cost of online MBA programs within Alaska is $13,980.
Average Tuition for In-Person MBA Programs
- Average: $14,325 from Alaska's 3 in-person MBA Programs
- Lowest in-person: $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest in-person: $14,670 from University of Alaska Anchorage
Average Tuition for Online MBA Programs
- Average: $13,980 from Alaska's 1 online MBA Programs
- Lowest online: $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest online: $13,980 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
Most Affordable MBAs in Alaska
What is the ROI for MBA Programs in Alaska?
Choosing an MBA program requires more than a glance at the school's reputation or curriculum. The return on investment (ROI) should take center stage in your evaluation. This measurement reveals the potential value derived from your tuition investment, putting key factors such as starting salary and career progression under the microscope.
By scrutinizing the ROI, you're not just making a decision—you're making an informed one. This approach will ensure the selection of an MBA program that provides the most bang for your buck. Checking the ROI might not be an afterthought; it could be the game-changer in your MBA journey.
The ROI from Online MBA programs in Alaska range between 218% from University of Alaska Fairbanks and 218% from University of Alaska Fairbanks. The average ROI of online MBA programs within Alaska is 218%.
In-Person ROI for MBA Programs
- Average: 250% from Alaska's 3 in-person MBA Programs
- Lowest in-person: 218% from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest in-person: 281% from University of Alaska Anchorage
Online ROI for MBA Programs
- Average: 218% from Alaska's 1 online MBA Programs
- Lowest online: 218% from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest online: 218% from University of Alaska Fairbanks
Highest ROI for MBA Programs in Alaska
Lowest ROI for MBA Programs in Alaska
What is the Average GMAT Score Needed for an MBA Program in Alaska?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized examination used by MBA schools to assess their applicant pool. The test is strategically designed to measure an applicant’s analytical, verbal, writing and mathematical skills. The GMAT is used as a predictor of success in MBA programs and tests one’s ability to successfully handle the advanced quantitative and qualitative study of business and management.
While the average GMAT score needed for in-person MBA program in Alaska is 506, the lowest average GMAT score is for an MBA program is 450 from Alaska Pacific University, and the highest GMAT score needed is 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks.
The average GMAT score needed for an online MBA program from an institution in Alaska is between 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks to 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks. The average GMAT scored for online MBA programs within Alaska is 543.
Average GMAT Score for In-Person MBA Programs
- Average: 506 from Alaska's 3 in-person MBA Programs
- Lowest in-person: 450 from Alaska Pacific University
- Highest in-person: 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
Average GMAT Score for Online MBA Programs
- Average: 543 from Alaska's 1 online MBA Programs
- Lowest online: 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Highest online: 543 from University of Alaska Fairbanks
10 Highest GMAT Scores in Alaska
Which MBA Schools Have the Highest Student Enrollment in Alaska?
The importance of networking, whether it's by way of campus job fairs, student organization members, or faculty mentorship, should not be understated. The average MBA enrollment size has a direct impact on your studies, your job prospects, and your ability to define your career goals.
Every B-School has a strategy behind their enrollment sizes. If a prospective B-Student is looking for networking opportunities, wants to attend job fairs, and plans on joining student organizations, B-School enrollment size plays an important role in the decision making process. For the B-Student interested in the smaller cohort-style classroom experience and thrive with face-to-face collaboration with their professors, a manageable enrollment size is the preferred option.
For Alaska state's MBA programs, the range for full-time enrollment is between N/A and N/A. For part-time enrollment, the range is between 97 and 97.
Average Enrollment for Score for In-Person MBA Programs
- Lowest: N/A from N/A
- Highest: N/A from N/A
- Average: N/A from Alaska's 3 MBA Programs.
- Average: 243 from 879 the nation's campus MBA Programs.
Average Enrollment for Score for Online MBA Programs
- Lowest: N/A from N/A
- Highest: N/A from N/A
- Average: N/A from Alaska's 1 MBA Programs.
- Average: 201 from 327 nation's online MBA Programs.
10 Schools with the Highest Student Enrollment in Alaska
10 Schools with the Lowest Student Enrollment in Alaska
What MBA Concentrations Available in Alaska?
Highly competitive B-Schools recruit part-time and full-time professors that are both academic and industry influencers. They are the subject matter experts in their respective concentrations. To meet the diverse needs of Alaska businesses, MBA programs here have risen to the challenge by offering you an array of more than 24 MBA concentrations including:
- Accounting: 3
- Finance: 3
- Management: 3
- General Business: 3
- Information Systems: 3
- International Business: 2
- Marketing: 2
- Economics: 2
- Healthcare Administration: 2
- Hospitality Management: 2
Here are the top schools offering the widest variety of concentrations to choose from:
The Importance of MBA Accreditation
The importance of accreditation can't be underestimated. For many, knowing your school is accredited by the AACSB and regionally accredited by the US Department of Education is enough assurance that you will receive a quality education, where credits are more likely to transfer, and you will be qualified for loans, grants, and scholarships.
AACSB accreditation is considered to be the gold standard in business school credentialing. Established to promote high-quality business education in the U.S., AACSB members developed a stringent accreditation process. Members are held accountable for following an established business education framework set forth by the AACSB. With that comes MBA degrees conferrals that are widely recognized by Fortune 500 companies. This results in lucrative job opportunities.
Cities Offering MBA Programs in Alaska
Looking for a particular city in Alaska with an accredited MBA program? Research and compare MBA programs from other cities in Alaska. Find online programs, programs by concentration, by average GMAT score and more.
MBA Program Options Available in Alaska
Options for earning your MBA in Alaska have never been more flexible. Alaska MBA programs have become adept at offering effective alternatives for you to earn your MBA, no matter your life situation or schedule.
Alaska has 3 Accredited MBA programs. 0 private and 2 public schools offering MBA programs.
Alaska has 2 public schools and 0 private schools offering MBA degree programs.
3 Accredited MBA programs. and 2 public schools offering MBA programs.
Alaska schools offer 9 different paths to earn your MBA in Alaska including Online, Campus, Full-Time, 1-Year, Distance Education, Evenings and Weekends, Off Campus, Part-Time and Partnership.
To meet the diverse needs of Alaska businesses, MBA programs here have risen to the challenge by offering you an array of more than 24 MBA concentrations to specialize in.
Awards for MBA Programs in Alaska
The ranking of MBA programs is certainly not an exact science and plenty of subjective reasoning and biases come into play. We offer insights into ranking as another way to evaluate a potential MBA program.
Of the 3 accredited MBA programs offered in Alaska, 2 of them have been recognized by at least one distinguished publication (MBAGuide) garnering an award as one of the best MBA programs in the country.
Alaska schools have earned a total of 2 Best MBA awards from publications. Here are the top MBA schools and the number of awards the each program has garnered:
Publications and the number of awards granted for Alaska schools:
Find Online MBAs