Who We Are and What We Value
We are an educational resource for all students, parents, colleges, researchers, and media outlets. We provide the peer-reviewed articles, data, charts, tables, advice, How-tos, FAQ and insights to current and prospective students so they can make informed decisions about their educational choices for careers, schools, degrees and salaries.
We cover all aspects in one’s career needs with expert advices on school rankings, degree program rankings, financial aid, career choices, employment and salary projections.
Our values are driven by providing unbiased and editorially independent information because we believe these resources need to be protected and unaltered for students and their families.
Because uninformed choices make education more expensive than it already is, to help student find careers and schools to best suit their career goals and financial circumstance. We update our factual content from the historically reliable sources at least once each year.
Our Business Model and Revenue Sources
Our business model is based matching qualified students with the most relevant educational programs that will meet their career aspirations and needs.
We generate revenue when a qualified individual requests information from a schools that compensate us for referrals.
You can clearly see these advertising placements as they are identified with terms like “ad,” “advertisement,” “placement,” or “advertising disclosure.” When users interact with one of these advertisements, or when they make school selections using our program search tool, we may receive compensation.
We may also make revenue through affiliate partners. For example, if a user clicks on a product link such a book or course and makes a purchase on the seller’s site, we may make a commission.
Our writers and editors make independent product recommendations for they think will best service our users. We take steps to ensure our site is accurate and up to date, but some information might differ from what is found on a vendor’s website. All products are presented without warranty.
In addition, we partner with trusted educational institutions to produce sponsored content for the benefit of students. Any editorial content sponsored by a partner is identified that way on our site.
We Value and Maintain Editorial Independence
Our ranking methodology has been refined by over 20 years of presenting education information.
We may also collect our own data through online surveys when we believe such data would provide a more complete and valuable experience for the user in making a college selection. In addition to maintaining the highest standards for our sources, we use the following guidelines to ensure we remain impartial and independent in our content:
- We do not rank schools or programs based on any type of financial relationship with a school, school partner or 3rd Party advertiser.
- Colleges and universities do not receive preferential editorial treatment.
- For our school rankings, we use the same data to evaluate all schools, school programs and degrees. We calculate rankings scores that reflect the factual data provided form authoritative sources such as Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), U.S. Department of Education, O*Net Online, and Regional Accrediting Agencies.
- All of our writers, editors, data modelers, fact checkers adhere to a set of editorial standards developed over 20 years of providing educational information.
- Rankings are provided for only regionally or nationally accredited institutions.
Last updated: 2022